Wednesday 21 September 2011

A Heart Revealed by Julie Lessman

Synopsis:~

Ten years ago, Emma Malloy fled Dublin for Boston as a battered woman, escaping the husband who scarred her beautiful face. The physical and emotional wounds have faded with time, and her life is finally full of purpose and free from the pain of her past. But when she falls for her friend Charity's handsome and charming brother, Sean O'Connor, fear and shame threaten to destroy her. 

Could Sean and Emma ever have a future together? Or is Emma doomed to live out the rest of her life denying the only true love she's ever known?

My take:~ 

If there is one thing I have learned having read every one of Julie Lessman's historical romance novels, is not to expect a relaxed and calm reading experience!  Julie's writing will evoke almost every emotion in you, from delight to frustration, joy to heartache, humour to sympathy and that's all before chapter five!  You will live and breathe each character's emotional journey as their feeling bleed through the pages and into your heart.  Katie's despair, Luke's sense of betrayal, Charity's fear and Emma's confusion will resonate with you, and if you are anything like me, Mitch's pride will have you tossing the book across the room!  Lest you think I was unhappy with the story, let me reassure you, Julie has again penned a passionate, moving and deeply spiritual story which enthralled my mind and engaged my heart.  Emma's journey is a painful one, honest and authentic, as she remains faithful to her deeply held beliefs and clings to the promises in God's word.  A Heart Revealed is another worthy addition to your bookshelves from this gifted writer.

Available September 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

With thanks to Revell for my review copy
Relz Reviewz Extras
Character spotlight on Sean & Emma
Reviews of A Hope Undaunted, A Passion Most Pure, A Passion Redeemed & A Passion Denied
Character spotlight on Cluny & Katie
Character spotlight on Lizzie & Brady
Interview with Julie
Visit Julie's website
Buy Julie's books at Amazon or Koorong

5 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, I cannot wait to read this book! You're absolutely right about Julie's books...before I pick one up, I need to make sure that I have plenty of time to devote my emotions to it, as I get so wrapped up in everything.

Scrappy quilter said...

I loved this book.

Julie Lessman said...

REL!!! Thank you SOOO much for this great review -- cannot tell you HOW much I appreciate it, my friend!! And please let me know when you post it on sites so I can give you points in my newsletter contest, okay? I'm giving you two points so far because I saw it on CBD.com I think and here on your blog. You are THE BEST!!

Hugs,
Julie

Rel said...

Sara - gear up! It's a doozy and will have you emotionally engaged, one way or the other, the whole way through ;-)

SQ - fun, isn't it?!

Julie - so appreciate it when you drop by. Thank you so much :)

Anonymous said...

I was directed to these books by my daughter. I am so excited to read all of them.
The Heart Revealed synopsis and reviews have really touched my heart, and I hope to start with that one. The cover is also so beautiful. It is like frameable art. I look forward to ordering it soon. Thank You!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...