Tuesday 31 May 2011

To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer

Synopsis:~

Having completed his sentence for the unintentional crime that derailed his youthful plans for fame and fortune, Levi Grant looks to start over in the town of Spencer, Texas. Spencer needs a blacksmith, a trade he learned at his father's knee, and he needs a place where no one knows his past. But small towns leave little room for secrets...

Eden Spencer has sworn off men, choosing instead to devote her time to the lending library she runs. When a mountain-sized stranger walks through her door and asks to borrow a book, she steels herself against the attraction he provokes. His halting speech and hesitant manner leave her doubting his intelligence. Yet as the mysteries of the town's new blacksmith unfold, Eden discovers hidden depths in him that tempt her heart.

Levi's renewed commitment to his faith leads Eden to believe she's finally found a man of honor and integrity, a man worthy of her love. But when the truth about his prodigal past comes to light, can this tarnished hero find a way to win back the librarian's affections?


My take:~

I adore Karen Witemeyer's stories! A heroic yet vulnerable hero, an uptight but compassionate heroine, humour, attraction, conflict and an oversized, cantankerous dog called Ornery ~ what's not to love? At the risk of repeating myself, Karen writes in a time old genre with freshness and enthusiasm, creating engaging characters with foibles that make them real and hearts that yearn for love and faith. To Win Her Heart stands out in the crowd of historical romances due to Karen's storytelling abilities, witty dialogue and attention to detail. If you want a book that makes you smile with joy and sigh with delight, look for one with Karen's name on it you have a sure thing. I can't wait for more stories from this talented author.

With thanks to Bethany House for my review copy


Relz Reviewz Extras

Reviews of A Tailor-Made Bride & Head in the Clouds

Karen's FamilyFiction Plus interview

Visit Karen's website

Buy Karen's books at Amazon or Koorong

4 comments:

rbooth43 said...

I would love to read To Win Her Heart because a book that makes me smile with joy and sigh with delight is a winner for me.
Thanks!
Rebecca
rbooth43(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carla Gade said...

I just finished reading this fantastic and fun novel! Karen is a great storyteller. I loved the hero in this book so much and as you said, the dialogue was exceptional. Very unique. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Rel said...

Levi is great, isn't he? Thanks for dropping by, Carla!

Hi Rebecca - no giveaway for this book here. Hope you get a chance to read it!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I liked A Tailor-Made Bride but I loved Head in the Clouds and I've been waiting for this one to come out. I'm glad it's so good. I need to check my library!
2 Kids and Tired Books

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...