Wednesday 13 April 2011

Unforgettable by Trish Perry

Synopsis:~

Rachel Stanhope tries to see the good in everyone. But Josh Reegan tests even her good graces when they meet outside her Arlington, Virginia, dance studio in 1951. He’s attractive, yet his cynicism and cockiness are hard to tolerate.

A journalist and former World War II Air Force pilot, Josh considers ballroom dancing a frivolous waste of time. Although Rachel’s confident nature is a refreshing challenge, he wouldn’t tangle with her if his newspaper hadn’t assigned him to cover her studio’s competition in New York City.

Between the melodrama of ballroom antics and the real drama of political corruption, Rachel and Josh have their hands full. The last thing either of them expects is mutual need and support. But once they stop dancing around the truth, the results are unforgettable.

My take:~

Trish Perry's latest romance novel immerses the reader in the 1950s and the world of ballroom dancing. Rachel and Josh are engagingly drawn, with sparks and conflict aplenty as Josh voices his disdain of dancing and Rachel reacts to his arrogant attitude. Trish skilfully weaves authentic human emotions into a well paced story which combine to set this above an everyday romance. The minor characters of Mira and Cruz add light and shade as does the corruption story Josh is pursuing throughout the book. Unforgettable is a delightful story and my favourite Trish Perry read. Put on your dancing shoes and grab a copy for yourself!

With thanks to Summerside for my review copy


Relz Reviewz Extras

Review of Tea for Two

Character spotlight on Beach Dreams' Jeremy & Tiffany

Visit Trish's website

Buy Trish's books at Amazon or Koorong

5 comments:

Word Lily said...

Ooh, I think I like that cover! And I've got a new song in my head now ... :)

Trish Perry said...

Word Lily, you can imagine how often I had that song in my head for several months, LOL! Good thing I love it.

Thanks for the kind review Rel! I'm so glad you enjoyed the read.

Ronie Kendig said...

I think this book sounds wonderful! And the cover is fabulous!!

Sara said...

I have to agree...that cover is lovely! Sounds like a great book...one more to at to my reading list.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Aside from the gorgeous cover, this one sounds really good. I read The Perfect Blend and thought it was just meh. I hadn't planned on reading more of Trish, but this one just may change that.

2 Kids and Tired Book Reviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...