Friday 5 June 2009

Friendship Friday ~ What do you value in your close friendships with women?


Marlo Schalesky

What I value most is friends who can speak the truth in love, friends who say what they mean and mean what they say. I love being able to be open, honest, and genuine with friends, and having them be the same. It may be because I’m a fiction writer, but I love it when friends have their own unique character/personality traits, quirks, and m
annerisms – and they allow themselves to be themselves, not trying to “fit in” and be like everyone else. It’s friends like that who I love walking with on my life journey with God.

If Tomorrow Never Comes ~ Beyond the Night ~ Empty Womb, Aching Heart



Ann Shorey

I most value the understanding and trust that exists with my close women friends. It takes a woman to understand a woman! One friend especially has walked with me through grief--when my husband and then my precious younger sister died--and through joy--when I met and married Richard. She got tears in her eyes when I received my author copies of my first novel! We've been sisters in heart for more than twenty years.

The Edge of Light

2 comments:

Kelli Standish said...

And speaking of sisters of the heart, both these ladies are fabulous!

Ann Shorey said...

Thanks, Kelli! So are you. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...