Thursday 28 May 2009

Rose House by Tina Ann Forkner

Still mourning the loss of her family in a tragic accident, Lillian Diamon finds herself drawn back to the Rose House, a quiet cottage where four years earlier she had poured out her anguish among its fragrant blossoms.

She returns to the rolling hills and lush vineyards of the Sonoma Valley in search of something she can’t quite name. But then Lillian stumbles onto an unexpected discovery: displayed in the La Rosaleda Gallery is a painting that captures every detail of her most private moment of misery, from the sorrow etched across her face to the sandals on her feet.

What kind of artist would dare to intrude on such a personal scene, and how did he happen to witness Lillian’s pain? As the mystery surrounding the portrait becomes entangled with the accident that claimed the lives of her husband and children, Lillian is forced to rethink her assumptions about what really happened that day.


My take:~

Tina Ann Forker's latest novel is a languorous journey of a woman's painful betrayal, her ensuing suffering to the restoration of hope and belonging in her life. The slow pacing of this story was initially frustrating as Tina creates a mysterious atmosphere and an anxious desire in me to know the source of Lillian's angst and the reasons for it. Character driven, I was drawn to Lillian's pain and Tru's secrets and their attraction to each other despite the speed with which they acted on that chemistry given their tragic histories. However, Tina's beautiful descriptions and handling of human emotion overcame my early reservations and I found myself caught up in the story and fully invested in the outcome. Visit the beautiful Rose House through the pages of this story and you are bound to be pleased you did.

Relz Reviewz Extras

Visit Tina's website and blog

Buy Tina's books at Amazon or Koorong

Check back on 11th June for my character spotlight on Lillian and Tru ~ I think you will be surprised by the actors Tina picked for them


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I really disliked the style and choppy plot line of Ruby Among Us which is why I am skipping the sophomore book here.

However, if you think it is worth it, I will give it a go.

Perhaps she has had success second time 'round

Kim said...

I didn't enjoy Ruby Among Us much at all, but Rose House is a TOTALLY different experience!

I loved this one!!

Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...