Saturday 24 January 2009

Faith 'n" Fiction Saturday ~ what's on your keeper shelf?


Another of the delightful Amy's Faith 'n' Fiction questions!

This from Amy:~
"One thing we share in common is a love of books. I know there are participants of Faith 'n Fiction Saturdays that read over 200 books a year! But while we may read a lot of books, only a few books in our lifetimes are special enough that we would never part with them, always recommend them, and maybe even reread them. So...what fiction books with faith elements are on your keeper shelf?

Please keep your answers to no more than 5 books!"


My Answer
(Amy allowed series to be considered one selection!):

1. Francine River's Mark of the Lion series - what can I say? These are simply a must read!

2. Dee Henderson's O'Malley series - I have reread these more than any others - the perfect blend of suspense, romance and relationships!


3. Angela Hunt's Heirs of Cahira series - fabulous historical stories of women who challenged the norm two centuries apart all linked with a contemporary woman tracing her ancestry.


4. John B Olson's Fossil Hunter - perfect entertainment, exotic location and unique characters.


5. Havah by Tosca Lee - the story of Eve, one of the most evocative and challenging books I have ever read.

Can I say that my keeper shelf is exponentially larger than this but I behaved myself and limited it to five!

What treasures does your keeper shelf hold?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Fossil Hunter - great - Havah sounds really good. Nice post and selections! Got more depth to my TBR list now (smile) Mine are up at:

http://tinyurl.com/br2qac

Anonymous said...

I too love the O'Malley series and often wonder where Dee Henderson is keeping herself...and praying she is writing another series :) haha!

I just picked up the first book in the Mark of the Lion series and I am looking forward to reading it :)

Have a blessed day!

SmilingSally said...

Hey Rel,
I've read and love the O'Malley series, Francine River's Mark of the Lion series, and only one of Angela Hunt's Heirs of Cahira series. The other two titles are new to me and intriguing. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The Mark of the Lion is on my list and I have several of the ones on your list on my TBR! Great list!

Mimi N said...

Dee's books were the last set I was going to put in my "5", but then saw my "Redeeming Love" novel and knew I had to put that up! I loved Dee's series and keep praying she gets some new writing done. I miss her stories!

Anonymous said...

You were a good girl. I didn't stick to 5 books. I violated the rules big time.

What's on Your Keeper Shelf

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Hehehe. Our tastes are very much the same, only I haven't read anything by Dee Henderson except for The Marriage Wish and it was one of her earlier works so it was poorly written and totally BLAH. But the rest of the ones you've listed I have adored, too!

Lynn Squire said...

Fossil Hunter is on my to-read list.

Jenny said...

Dee's books get a thumbs up from me, too.

Rel said...

Thanks for dropping by everyone :)

I'll be dropping by and checking your lists soon :)

twiga92 said...

I'm looking forward to reading Havah.

Unknown said...

Havah is so good, Rel. Have you read Demon also?

Rel said...

Hey Dee - I haven't read Demon yet but it is on my shelf. Havah was brilliant so you can be sure I will get to Demon soon :)

Hi Twiga - you can't go wrong with Havah. Let me know your thoughts when you read it.

Unknown said...

Enjoyed Havah even more than Demon but then I like my endings a bit less open ended than Tosca leaves things but her writing is great regardless of my issues with style.

mudrash said...

Circle Trilogy - Ted Dekker

Riven - Jerry Jenkins

Dragon's in the Mist series - Bryan Davis

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for mentioning the Cahira books, Rel. I just heard that these are going to be repackaged, and I'm so grateful to Waterbrook/Multnomah for keeping them in print! And I'm so HONORED to be on your list!

Angie

Rel said...

Angie - soooo pleased to hear that! My books are so worn out from multiple readings by me and many of my friends and family :)

Thanks ForstRose and Mudrash for your thoughts :)

CeeCee said...

Excuse me Rel, I think you're missing something on that list.;)

I read Havah and it is good.

Amy said...

I've never even heard of the Cahira series!! Glad to see they will be repackaged! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...